When it comes to choosing a natural stone for a fireplace surround, you have a lot of options. Today's article will discuss different materials used in fireplace surrounds and their pros and cons.
When it comes to choosing a natural stone for a fireplace surround, you have a lot of options. As a result, which one is right for your home?
The answer depends on the style and finish you're looking for. However, there are also many factors that will affect the overall look, durability, and maintenance of your fireplace surround.
But what’s a fireplace surround?
This is the outermost part of a fireplace, and it serves as a decorative element, adding beauty and style to your home. It also protects you from the heat and sparks produced by your fire. A good fireplace surround is made from durable materials that withstand high temperatures, rusting, or cracking due to exposure to moisture.
Today's article will discuss different materials used in fireplace surrounds and their pros and cons.
Granite for fireplaces is a natural stone that has been used for centuries in construction and interior design. It's a durable and heat-resistant material, making it an excellent choice for fireplace surround materials.
Its durability makes it a popular choice. Granite for fireplaces also offers resistance to scratches and stains. Therefore, it's a low-maintenance option that will look great for years.
This natural stone for fireplace surrounds is great due to its versatility. It's polishable to have a high shine or left unpolished for a more natural look. It's available in a variety of finishes, such as honed, leathered, or brushed.
Every finish offers a unique look and texture, thus, allowing you to customize your fireplace surround to your exact preferences.
When it comes to color, granite has a wide range of options- from light beige, brown, and gray to deep black. Some granite even has unique patterns and veining, adding character and interest to your fireplace surround.
● It's extremely durable, as it can withstand the elements in your home.
● It's resistant to scratches.
● It looks great in almost any setting - from modern homes to rustic cabins.
● Granite for the fireplace can be expensive - if you're looking for something more unique than the standard colors available.
Marble - the very word itself evokes a sense of sophistication, luxury, and timeless beauty. For centuries, this stunning natural stone has adorned the palaces of kings and queens. It has graced the walls of ancient temples and lent an air of opulence to the most exquisite homes.
Marble for the fireplace surround transcends the ordinary, transforming your living space into a sanctuary of warmth, comfort, and unrivaled elegance.
One of the most captivating aspects of marble is its unique veining and patterns. Every slab of marble for the fireplace is a work of art, showcasing nature's creativity and the passage of time.
When used as a fireplace surround, the distinctive veining and color variations of marble turn your fireplace into a stunning focal point. This creates a sense of depth and dimension unmatched by other materials.
While the visual appeal of a marble fireplace surround is undeniable, its benefits extend beyond aesthetics. As a natural stone, marble is an excellent heat conductor, radiating warmth throughout your living space.
On cold winter nights, the marble fireplace surround becomes a reassuring symbol of comfort, inviting you to gather around its soothing warmth with family and friends.
Therefore, investing in marble for a fireplace is a commitment to quality and timeless beauty. With proper care and maintenance, your marble surround will retain its elegance for generations -becoming a cherished part of your home's story!
● It's a great option if you have an old home with a dated fireplace and need to update it.
● It's durable
● Marble is easy to clean and maintain - meaning less time is spent on upkeep throughout the year.
● It requires periodic maintenance to protect it from stains and scratches.
● It has limited color options compared to other materials.
● Marble can be slippery when wet, making it a potential safety hazard in high-traffic areas or for households with young children.
Quartz is another outstanding stone. It's a stunning engineered material that's a popular choice for fireplace surrounds.
It offers a sleek and contemporary look that beautifully complements any interior design style. Its non-porous surface makes it resistant to stains and easy to clean. Hence, it ensures your fireplace remains a show-stopping center piece for years.
Quartz offers a wide range of colors and patterns, allowing you to easily find the perfect match for your home. For instance:
● It requires low maintenance.
● Consistent appearance. Its engineered nature ensures a uniform appearance, free of unexpected veining or color variations.
● Heat resistance. It can withstand moderate heat and is thus best for a fireplace surround.
● Quartz can be susceptible to scratches, chips, or cracks if struck with force or exposed to extreme temperature changes.
Quartzite is a natural stone that is rising in popularity as a fireplace surround material. Its unique patterns and colors create a stunning focal point, drawing the eye and captivating the imagination.
The metamorphic rock's durability, heat resistance, and non-porous nature make it an ideal choice for any living space.
● Aesthetic appeal. Quartzite's unique patterns and diverse range of colors make it a visually striking choice for a fireplace surround.
● Durability. It is an incredibly hard and durable natural stone, resistant to scratches, chips, and cracks.
● Heat resistance. Quartzite has the ability to withstand high temperatures, making it an ideal choice for a fireplace surround.
● High cost. Quartzite is an expensive natural stone that may not be accessible to all homeowners.
● It requires sealing. Quartzite needs to be sealed regularly to protect it from stains and scratches.
If you're looking to add a natural stone fireplace surround to your home, look no further than AP Marble & Granite. We are a granite, marble, quartz, and natural stone supplier located in Metro Detroit, MI. We sell stone slabs to contractors and directly to consumers.
We have over 20 years of experience in the stone industry, and we're dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Our team of professionals is knowledgeable about all aspects of the industry, including installation and fabrication, so we understand your needs better! We offer estimates for our products so you can see what you're getting before making the purchase.
If you would like more information about our products or to speak with one of our experts, please call us at + 586 3715839 or visit us online and order natural stone for your fireplace surround today!
This article discusses the materialsand options that work best for your countertop. You will also learn somefactors to consider while choosing the right backsplash for your countertops inDetroit or any other location.
These luminous countertops offer a range of benefits that make them a smart choice for any home. Let’s look at what makes porcelain countertops such a great addition to kitchens and bathrooms.